Thanks for visiting my blog.

Het zou leuk zijn wanneer je een berichtje achterlaat. :-)
I would appreciate a little message. :-)

Hierbij wil ik Petra bedanken want dankzij haar geweldige site,, ben ik met de bouw van mijn poppenhuis begonnen.

Thanks to Petra. Without her nice site,, I would never been started with my doll house.

Ik probeer de dingen die ik maak zo goed mogelijk te omschrijven maar er kunnen soms typefoutjes in de tekst staan dus controleer van te voren even of het allemaal klopt.

The thing I create I put on my blog. Although I try to make no mistakes it's possible that something went wrong so please check before you make a copy.

dinsdag 14 augustus 2012

Creating jug and pottery with paper.

First of all I like to thanks Kris for sharing this wonderful idea of making pottery from paper

The first thing you have to do is cutting a lot of strips width 0,3 cm.

Then you glue the strips together with wood glue. For the jug I needed 8 strips.

Now you have to roll up the strip.

That's a piece of cake. Put a little glue at the end and glue that on to the roll.

You push gently on the roll. So the middle comes out. Be sure that on the outside the paper has a overlap from 0,2 cm. This makes it easier to sand the outside.
You put wood glue inside the bottom of the jug. Be sure that the glue is all around the inside. This makes the bottom solid. Then wait for a day to let the glue curing. Now you can sand the outside.

Now you glue the body pattern on the bottom.

Glue this all together. For the right instructions I recommend
The pattern is also available at this blog.

It's important that you remove the glue before curing. You can't sand wood glue. You'll get strange bubbles on your jug when you don't remove it immediately.

I could use some therapy. So I went cutting paper again and again. I glued 14 strips together. The cork was to small for this length of strip to roll it against. So I glued  ivory cardboard on to the cork.

And I could enjoy myself.

The big one of 2,8 cm can be used for a bowl.

The three downside are sanded and the three above still need to be sanded. Now I have painted them with Humbrol enamel satin 130. When ready I will show them off.
Now I'm working with copy gel. To put a print of roses on the bowl. When that's ready I will put it on my blog.